Rethink Your Drink!
While you or your children reach for your next sugary drink to quench your thirsts, look at the below chart first and rethink your drink!
Yes, we are all guilty of both eating and drinking food and beverages that we shouldn’t; however, the occasional guilty pleasure is still okay, but making a fruit drink for example, a habit, can over time have serious consequences. Hydration is essential we all know that, but too many sugary drinks especially in kids and teens are their major source of calories. Aside from the fact that all of this sugar can cause obesity and cavities it can also cause unwanted illnesses such as diabetes. Why drink these sugary drinks if water is so readily available to everyone! To make things even better obtain pure clean clear water free of chemicals and unwanted toxins by visiting Ronaqua.
Leading world institutions have repeatedly confirmed that healthy living starts with healthy water. It is vital that everyone should have access to high-quality drinking water; water that is full of life and free of harmful toxins. All of Ronaqua’s products are created by taking into account different requirements, latest researches and newest technologies for water treatment, making it possible to effectively purify water of any source anywhere in the world. That is why all of our water filter components are engineered for minimal waste and optimal hydration. Our purification system uses best-in-class technology to provide maximum reduction in noxious impurities while keeping good stuff such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium within. Furthermore, our water filters meet NSF standards to reduce 66 common water contaminants including over 96% of chlorine and chloramines as well as over 99% of lead, asbestos, turbidity, and VOC’s.
Stay Healthy My Friends!
Drinking Enough Water and Our Seniors!
It is no doubt a blessing to be able to grow older and wiser; however all too often seniors are faced with illnesses that are usually detected, but one so called illness is not really an illness at all, it is almost always neglected but can be easily remedied: Dehydration.
The following is a list of symptoms and precautions to look for in seniors to determine if they may be dehydrated:
- Medication Usage: Let’s face it, when we age, eventually we are going to take a pill of some kind to help alleviate what may be ailing us. These same medications can cause dehydration, or dry mouth. Keep track of your fluid intake and tell your doctor about all the medications that you are taking.
- Headaches: Sometimes having a headache, that is every once in a Blue, is nothing to worry about, but if a senior is having constant headaches it is sometimes a sign of dehydration. We don’t normally think about a headache being a symptom of dehydration but it can be even in younger people.
- No Tears: Yes, this I an odd one, but it makes sense. If you see an older person crying and no tears are present, this is sign of dehydration! There literally isn’t enough water present to shed some tears, not that we ever want to see anyone crying, but still, it is a dehydration symptom!
- Heart Rate and Pulse Check: If a seniors heart rate is higher than normal and their pulse feels faint then they might be at risk for dehydration.
- Constipation: This is something that may happen if one is not drinking enough water in both seniors and younger individuals. Easy fix, drink more water!
- Dark Yellow Urine: Quite normal in the morning when one wakes up, but throughout the rest of the day it should not be that same dark yellow color, if it remains dark yellow it is a sure fire sign of dehydration.
- Loss of Balance: We normally do not associate a loss of balance with dehydration, but it is real. It is called, Termed orthostatic hypotension is when your body loses its ability to remain upright due to a reduced blood pressure. When your body is dehydrated, your blood does not move as smoothly as it should through your vascular system which increases the quick reduction in blood pressure, remedy: Drink cold water slowly.
- Diarrhea: This does not always mean that one is dehydrated; however, if experienced frequently will eventually lead to dehydration so keep drinking!
- Exercising and seniors: While exercising in general is great for just about anyone, seniors are more likely to get dehydrated from excess sweating, and not drinking enough water.
Now that you know a little bit about seniors and dehydration go get the very best water filters that you can find so that the water that our seniors are in fact drinking is the best that it can be! Cleaner, clearer and purer: www.ronaqua.com. Pure water in every drop!
Best Practices to Stay Healthy and Safe
Unfortunately the Corona virus is still amongst us, and it may very well be here for a very long time, or at least until a vaccine is approved. While we should all protect ourselves as much as humanely possible; nothing, in our opinion, will ever be the same. We all have enough stress and troubles in our own personal lives, and with this virus upon us everything is just that much harder. Thus, we all strive to protect ourselves by doing what our leaders say; which, means to wear a mask, social distance ourselves, and wash our hands to stay and keep clean. So why is drinking cleaner and safer water any different?
The answer: It’s not different.
This falls into the same category as protecting ourselves from invisible invaders like Covid-19, not to mention the enormous health benefits of drinking cleaner water can do all without these invisible invaders. Just because we cannot see what’s in our water with the human eye, does not mean that these invaders are not there. Right now we are consumed with protecting ourselves from this horrible virus, and rightfully so, but in reality we should always be in protection mode focusing on what we drink, eat, and touch all of the time. We are also focused on sanitizing whatever we could; which is something we should have been doing all along. It’s logical to want to have your homes, and workplaces clean, but wiping everything off with Clorox wipes for example, was not something most of us really thought about as a daily or bi-weekly practice. Yes, more work for us. However, having a system in place to drink clean, clear water along with using that water for making coffee, tea, to cook with, to wash with, etc., is also not something that one may consider completely necessary, but you know what? In today’s world it most certainly is!
If we can muster up all of this effort and will to protect ourselves now, then why stop at wearing protective gear and thoroughly washing our hands. Make a conscious decision to purchase a system to make your water and yourselves as healthy as possible and to keep it that way.
We don’t think that wearing masks will be a forever new normal, but there is nothing wrong with keeping yourselves in check with sanitizing practices and having clean water around at any moment’s notice.
Stay healthy and safe.
Your friends at Ronaqua,
Filtered Water Versus Tap Water: “Tap” Into Filtered Water
It’s no secret that tap water has improved a lot in recent years. However, there are still chemicals in regular tap water that we all need to know about. Now, we all know that drinking water promotes a vast array of health benefits, but what good is it if this same tap water that we are drinking day after day, and cup after cup contains chemicals that can actually harm us.
Did you know that much of our plumbing infrastructure in the United States contains lead piping, lead service lines, or lead plumbing components, many of which are over 50 years old? According to a nationwide study from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), “Lead leaches into tap water through the corrosion of plumbing” (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su6104a1.htm) as out-of-date lead pipes and components start to break down. Therefore, if we drink a lot of tap water over time this contaminated drinking water can affect fertility, liver function and more.
Flouride is another concern, which should not be taken lightly. Once again when drinking a lot of tap water over time our thyroids could be damaged which, affects our thyroid hormone production. Flouride can also damage our brain function as it is a neurotoxin. A high fluoride content in water correlates with an up to seven-point decrease in IQ!
Last but not least we have chlorine and chloramine. Did you know that the government sanitizes water with chlorine? Large scale studies have linked chlorinated water to bladder and colorectal cancer, therefore, chloramine came into the picture, but not without its disruptions, as chloramine corrodes lead, thereby combining old lead pipes/plumbing with corroded lead caused by the chloramine and you have even more lead in your water than you had before not to mention that chloramine doesn’t kill pathogens nearly as well as chlorine does. Its byproducts are potential carcinogens, and you can’t remove chloramine or its byproducts through boiling or distilling.
Now Let’s “Tap” Into Filtered Water
After reading the above it’s no wonder that people are safely drinking filtered water. First of all the simple peace of mind knowing that our water is free from contamination alone would make anyone want to switch. However there are a lot more benefits to drinking filtered water then we know about.
Here are just a few:
- Improved Digestion
- Removes Chlorine
- Reduces Acid Reflux
- Has Anti-Oxidant Properties
- Reduces Cardio Stress
- Reduces Lime Scale
- Protects your Teeth
- Saves Money on Buying Bottled Water
- Saves the Planet by not Using Plastic
Join us in our quest to make ourselves the healthiest that we can be, while saving money and saving the planet all at the same time. This is a no brainer, win-win for all!
Pure Water in Every Drop!